Duke University is global in place, people, and perspective. We embrace diversity of opinion, age, ethnicity, gender, race, belief, and talent. By engaging with people from different perspectives, you’ll start to define your own ideas and understand those of others. The MMCi program considers and welcomes students from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Class of 2019 Demographics
- Class size: 37
- Average age: 38
- Work experience: Range from 2-31 years
- Students entering with advanced degrees: 44%
- 51% Female / 49% Male
- MMCi alumni, students, and applicants represent diverse educational, professional, and cultural backgrounds. While two-thirds of applicants have science or technology backgrounds, others have education and/or work experience in public health, public policy, business, and economics.
- Approximately 40% of MMCi students have clinical experience. Professional experiences also include IT, business development, health administration, clinical trial management, consulting, and other business functions.
- International students add to the diversity of perspective in the MMCi program. Like domestic students, international students come from a variety of IT, medicine and business backgrounds.
- Teamwork is a key learning component of the MMCi program. Study teams draw on the diversity of experience and perspective within the class. A typical study team might include an IT professional, a clinician, an International student, a professional with 20+ years’ work experience, and a recent graduate.